Monday, January 25, 2010

Stonehenge

Greetings, and welcome to the first HPWT Finished Project of 2010!

SHengeDerf1.jpg


The Stonehenge Cowl by Susan Pandorf was started on Dec. 30, 2009, so I had something simple to work on when the Hubster and I went to see Dreamgirls at Heinz Hall that evening. (NOTE: Lace knitters who like the Lord of the Rings series probably want to head over to Susan's website and check out the Evenstar Mystery Shawl KAL. It looks like it's going to be an epic quest!)

SHengeFlat.jpg
Color is most true in this shot and the other un-modeled shot.

The show was decidedly “meh” (and it didn’t help that spotlights-into-dark-audience gave me a splitting headache in the second act) but the cowl is a winner.

SHengeDerf2.jpg

I’m far from excited about the yarn I used for this project, Rowan Lima, but I think this is an example of a perfect yarn-to-pattern match making the whole shebang work well together for what I believe will become a much-loved finished project.

SHengeClose.jpg

This yarn doesn’t show a lot of stitch definition, but the slip-stitch ribbing shows up very well, making the Pi-shapes reminiscent of Stonehenge. It’s a splitty chained yarn, but I think it will make for a very cosy cowl.

SHengeDerf3.jpg


Stonehenge Neck Warmer

Pattern: Stonehenge Neck Warmer by Susan Pandorf
Yarn: 2 skeins Rowan Lima (I estimate that I used about 200 of the 218 yards)
Color: Amazon
Needles: US 9/5.5mm KA Switch 24” circulars
Started: 30 December 2009
Finished: 12 January 2010
Mods: None

10 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks very warm and cozy!

Molly Bee said...

Love the cowl...and the model!

Celtic Queen said...

A) Love the cowl. I think it turned out perfect.

B) Why didn't you just say CQ go sign up here? Lace knitters who like LOTR. HA!

Jen said...

Lovely!

turtlegirl76 said...

OOh pretty! Love the stitch pattern.

Donna Lee said...

I've been an admirer of Susan's for a long time. She is so talented. I'm looking forward to the shawl kal. I've never done a circular shawl nor a kal so it'll be interesting.

Bezzie said...

Cozy! I like the slip stitching. That looks like it would keep it interesting.

Sarah said...

I doubt I will have any time to knit a lace shawl in the near future, but now I have to click over to check it out. Thanks for enabling!

(And I think you'll enjoy my word verification today: trolderf)

Susan Pandorf said...

nice cowl, babe!

Zonda said...

Neat stitch pattern, looks warm and cozy!