Thursday, January 02, 2014

Last Year’s Projects

I’m going to tackle these unblogged finished projects in the order in which they were completed. I figure I may as well pick an order that makes sense!

The oldest finished project on my list (nine projects. This is going to take a little while!) is a Christmas gift that just went out to its new home a little over a week ago.


I’ve been working with Jeff, my personal trainer, at my gym for several years now. Not only does he help me keep this aging body in one piece and in good working order, he’s become a damn good friend.


Jeff is a Penn State grad, and was on the Pirates bandwagon earlier than anyone else I know (we’re talking 4-5 years ago. When that was just nuts.). When he and Kate got married a few years ago, I wove a blanket for them, and of course I ordered extra yarn to make sure I wouldn’t run out.

The navy in the blanket bled like it had never been set. So my good friend Stephanie offered to set the color on two of the leftover skeins of Cascade 220 so I could knit a scarf for Jeff. She couldn’t believe how much they bled either!


From there, it was off to the races. My usual 70 stitches in the round, 20-row stripes, cut the fringe before I start, and knit until I run out of the end-color. Zoom. Jeff and Kate both liked the gift. Probably because it means they can dress like the Nittany Lion for football games now.


Nittany Scarf 

Pattern: House Scarves, Year 1-2, from Charmed Knits 
Size: Scarf-sized 
Yarn: Cascade 220 
Colors: Navy, White 
Amount: 2 skeins of each color 
Needles: US 8, 16” from my KA Switch set 
Started: 16 January 2013 
Finished: 24 March 2013 
Mods: I don’t count stripes, just knit until I’m out of yarn. Is that a mod? Probably not.

No comments: