Monday, January 06, 2014

Jazz Reprise

I knit my first Shawl That Jazz a couple years ago, and it was both a really fun knit and a shawl I use fairly regularly. Win!


So, when I stumbled across two skeins of Blue Moon Twisted at the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival back in May, I decided to jump back in again. (and I kind of enabled two friends along the way. Oops?)


Once again, the pattern knit up really quickly, and I like the finished shawl.

Thanks much to my friend Stephanie for putting a fresh eye behind my camera. And provided the mannequin. Yay! 

The Twisted is extremely squishy and makes a nice garter stitch fabric. Picking up the wraps to create the ruffle is the only mildly complex part of the process. All in all, I wouldn’t be surprised if yet another one of these winds up on my needles eventually!


Shawl That Jazz, Volume II 

Pattern: Shawl That Jazz by Samantha Roshak 
Size: Shawl-sized 
Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Twisted 
Color: Pussy Broadway 
Amount: 2 skeins 
Needles: US 10.5 (6.5mm) 
Started: 10 May 2013 
Finished: 26 May 2013 
Mods: Knit the ruffle until I ran out of yarn/had barely enough to bind off. Yay, scales!

1 comment:

Aly Morrow said...

this is my favorite easy knit - i am on #21! i have 20 very happy recipients! it was nice to see someone else felt the same!
Teran Morrow