Sunday, January 26, 2014

Snowed In

So basically, I haven’t left my house since I got home from the gym on Friday.

0126deck.jpg 
This is the part of our deck that is under the roof.

Since then, I’d estimate we’ve gotten at least six inches of snow. We took some time out this morning to shovel the driveway, but because there were plenty of reports of just how terrible the roads were, we decided to just not go anywhere.

1026house.jpg

A friend of mine went to church this morning with her family. Roughly a mile away from their house. It took them almost an hour to get home, so I think we made the right choice! Since I stayed indoors, I did a few small things in my weaving room that I’d been meaning to do for a while. The first was that I took the screen off of a side window in my weaving room and put up two pieces of stained glass that I got in Ireland last year.

0126glass.jpg

I also got out my hammer, and hung a piece of art that came from my mom’s sewing room. It’s titled “She Works With Quills,” and the joke that the last word was “Quilts.” Mom was a quilter, which is what made me start. And I liked it, so I re-homed it.

0126quills.jpg

And then, I got a warp under tension and started to weave.

0126warp.jpg

It’s rep weave, so it’s weaving off very quickly. Which is great, because I have several more warps just waiting to jump on the loom. And since we’re looking to have more snow followed by Polar Vortex temperatures, more weaving is just what Old Man Winter ordered. I love it!

0126rail.jpg

1 comment:

Donna Lee said...

I spent most of the weekend sitting on the couch watching the snow fall and drinking hot things. I found a challenging sock pattern (new technique for me) and did some colorwork. There might have been some spinning as well. All in all, it was a great way to spend a weekend.