Thursday, January 06, 2011

2010 In Review

While I didn’t get as much sewing done as I’d hoped in 2010, I once again enter the new year hopeful that I can make stuff with the large quantity of supplies that reside in my basement. There’s a nearly finished quilt down there you’ll hopefully see sooner, rather than later. At a minimum, I’m quite behind on baby quilts and need to remedy that problem.

Weaving became part of HPWT in late June, when Mom and I purchased a loom. Of course, we didn’t learn how to use the darn thing until Mom and I went to Mecca The Mannings in August for Beginning Weaving Week.

Knitting will always be around, as it is still my only truly portable hobby. It still dominates the finished projects list. Much like Noah’s Ark, that list seems to include a lot of 2’s: 2 cowls, 2 hats, 2 pairs of hand coverings, 2 vests, 2 toy projects and 2 shawls (my first!) in addition to a toddler jumper, an adult sweater, 3 pairs of socks (that’s all?!?!!), 8 weaving projects and three “other” projects, all knitted, including a möbius, the felted door mitten and a Bagstopper.

2010finished.jpg
The following links go to the blog post for the corresponding finished project:

1. Stonehenge Neck Warmer, 2. Sherbrooke Cowl, 3. Hybrid Hat I, 4. Northman Mittens, 5. Alexis Vest, 6. Shawl That Jazz, 7. Brittany Jumper, 8. Gumdrop Socks, 9. Scylla Socks, 10. Softball Socks 2010, 11. Celtic Cabled Slipover, 12. Mondo Cable Pulli, 13. Class Dishtowels, 14. Twill Sampler, 15. Class Scarf, 16. Farmhouse Scarf, 17. Fuzzy Feet, Redux, 18. Daybreak Shawl, 19. Herringbone Möbius, 20. Felted Door Mitten, 21. Nate the Snake, 22. Give a Hoot, 23. Navy/Green Woven Scarf, 24. Karen’s Christmas Scarf, 25. Scott’s Christmas Scarf, 26. Euan’s Christmas Scarf, 27. Erin’s Bagstopper, 28. Knucks for Jeff, 29. Jeff’s Watch Cap.

Thanks to all of you for reading my little blog. I’ve been terrible about returning the favor in recent months, something I hope to rectify in the new year.

I hope all of you had an enjoyable holiday season and I wish you and your loved ones a happy, healthy and safe 2011.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I could have sworn you'd knit more socks than that, but I guess the weaving bug took over a bit, didn't it? In any case, this is a really nice looking group of projects. I'd say it was a good year for HPWT!

turtlegirl76 said...

Only 3 pairs of socks? Are you sure? That doesn't sound right. Hopefully this year you double that at least!

Molly Bee said...

I love your year end recap of projects. Awesomely beautiful eye candy! Happy 2011!