Wednesday, February 09, 2011

WiP Wednesday

I’m quite sure it doesn’t look like it, but I have been making progress on the mug rugs.

0209mugrugs.jpg

Yeah. One mug rug looks just like the other mug rugs. But the big news is on the back of the loom.

0209mugwarp.jpg

I’m running out of warp. Finally! HOORAY!!!

If you read my good friend Cristi over at Turtlegirl’s Bloggy Thing, you know that she and I are doing a KAL with one of the patterns from the January Rockin’ Sock Club. My favorite thing about the RSC is the Dyer’s Notes, and the notes this time around really did bring me to tears, since a lot of it was about best friends. Of course, Cristi was pestering me the the whole way through my reading of the notes trying to convince me that we should do a KAL. So I caved!

0209distelfink.jpg

I cast on at Hurricanes last Wednesday and got some good knitting done during that game on Sunday.

However, I needed something that I could take with me when Hubster and I went to the Penguins game with my parents on Friday night. So I busted out a skein from the stash and was off to the races.

0209babs.jpg

It’s Miss Babs, purchased at Maryland Sheep & Wool last May. The dyer herself helped me pick out the base yarn. I love it so far, and you can’t see it from the pics, but it’s on my Signature DPNs. A very enjoyable experience all around. Let’s just hope they don’t take as long as my previous pair of plan vanilla socks!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That colorwork sock is so pretty! Can't wait to see it finished.

turtlegirl76 said...

You have signature DPNs too? But you're a magic looper! Dammit. You're gonna make me cave. I'm working on the sock tonight. I've just finished my 5th flower.