Sunday, December 30, 2012

Wiggle Wrap

If we start talking about projects that have been finished but undocumented for a very, very, very long time, we have to start with my Wiggle Wrap.

WWfolded.jpg

I got the yarn and pattern for this project at TNNA in 2011. I started knitting it in February, and this was the pattern I took on my California softball trip way back in February. It was perfect travel knitting, especially since it meant I could easily take only one thing. No way I was going to finish!

WWreds.jpg

The pattern was perfect for a long-striping yarn like Kauni, and an absolute snap to memorize.

WWzoom.jpg

It didn’t get boring or repetitive until I was well past the halfway point. Then it just took a ridiculously long time before I blocked it.

WWbluegreen.jpg

I doubt I’ll knit this again. I do kind of wish I’d done the wider version, but really, this was fine. It lived in the store as a sample for a little bit, then it’s just been sitting around waiting for a blog post. So here you go.

WWflat.jpg

Wiggle Wrap 

Pattern: Wiggle Wrap by Sally Brandl 
Yarn: Kauni 8/2 Effektgarn 
Colors: EQ and EF 
Quantity: 1 skein of each color, I knit until I ran out. 
Needles: US 6 
Started: 5 February 2012 
Finished: 6 April 2012 
Mods: None, other than ignoring the length instructions.

No comments: