Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Finish Line

I know I’ve been gone from the blog for ages. Here’s why:

Calendar.jpg

Every colored line on that calendar? (which, by the way, shows November 2012-October 2013) Represents an out-of-town trip. Or, if it’s a red line, an event I was working in town that took me away from home for entire days.

It’s ridiculous. In the last 12 months, I’ve been out of town for 107 days. Yes, a lot of that travel was a lot of fun (Florida! Cathedral City! UCLA! Women’s College World Series! The Mannings! The Lake! Ireland! Norway! Rhinebeck! Maryland Sheep & Wool! DePauw! Northwestern!), but seriously. I’ve been out of town for 107 of 365 days beginning November 1 of last year. That’s almost 30% of the year.

I am exhausted.

I have lots of finished knitting/weaving projects to show you.

Lots of fun experiences. Lots of time with people I love, both friends and family.

Tons of photos to edit and upload.

I’m going to do my best to hit the highlights and get back into the swing of things.

Assuming I have any readers left. Let me know if you’re reading. Maybe that will help me get back in the groove.

And, if you are still here, and still reading, thanks. I appreciate it!



3 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm still reading! In fact, I was thinking about you just yesterday and wondering how you were doing, since I haven't seen you since MDSW. I hope things are calming down a bit now, and I can't wait to see what you've been doing!

Donna Lee said...

I was thinking about you as we drove to Rhinebeck for the first time this year. You have been crazybusy!

But I'm still here!

Jenn said...

I'm stunned that you're still functional, I would be in a bunker somewhere. In a secure, undisclosed location. :)