Saturday, October 21, 2006

Finished Objects!

OK, so it has taken me a while to get another post up here. Why is it that my "real" life keeps interfering with what I want to be doing?

Speaking of which, I skipped a sewing night with my bestest buddies last night so I could be here. I have seen some truly fugly losses by our women's volleyball team at the Lyon Center over the last six years, so it was nice to see us show some "intestinal fortutude" and pull out the win. Plus, it our first Lexus Gauntlet points EVER in this sport, so that's good too. :)

Just as the match started, I got a photo-mail on my cell phone. Beth, with Sandy, holding toilet paper. Toilet paper? What the????? Apparently, Beth decided that we keep going to Sandy's house and we're using too much of her necessary supplies. Most people bring food/snacks. Beth? She brings TP!

So I have been a busy little knitter over the last week or so. Just not on any sweaters! First, I finished my first pair of fuzzy feet. Love this pattern!

This is what they look like, pre-felting. I think this pair is going to be for my mom. I've already started on the next pair, which will be for either my best friend or my brother in a great forest green. Probably my brother, since the best friend is part Sasquach (men's size 12.5 feet!) and if I do Colin's pair first, I'll have a little leftover yarn to help with Bill's. That's important, since this photo is of what I had leftover from the skein of Cascade 220 after finishing the inaugural pair. Now the only trick will be executing my first felting experience!

The other thing I finished was a pair of mittens for my friend Julie in Indianapolis. I had a LOT of fun making these, although the yarn was awfully splitty.

I think today I'm going to cast on for my "countess" v-neck pullover ... a Classic Elite yarn and a pattern from one of their books. Yummy. Then I need to get back to my alpaca cable. Too many projects, not enough time! Have a great weekend, y'all!

No comments: