Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A Good Time Was Had By All

This will probably be short, since I am wiped out. I have eight more work days in front of me and the schedule is filling up FAST. I literally printed out my schedule off of my palm pilot and am writing in all of my various and assorted appointments for the remainder of my stay in Los Angeles.

Now, I'd just appreciate happy sleep-related thoughts. I can't remember the last solid full night's sleep I had. I'm hoping it's not related to the air mattress, or I'll be in big trouble for the rest of my stay here. I need sleep!

Last night's adventure was an M&Ms meting at Sandy's house. Boy, did we have fun! I brought Diddy Riese cookies and I think it left everyone on a sugar high at the end of the evening. We were all goofy and laughing for the rest of the evening. Oh wait. We generally do that anyway.


I have made some truly amazing friends while learning the craft of quilting here in Los Angeles. In the back row from left to right, we have Me, Anne, Nonie, Denise and Carol, with Sandy, Beth (Louie the WonderPug) and Lisa in the front row.

Last night, we assembled all of our rows and picked sashing fabrics for a housewarming quilt we're making for Anne. I can't show pictures because it would spoil the surprise. Sorry, Anne! (not really!!!)

These amazing, wonderful women have decided that the group's next project will be a quilt for ME! On Friday afternoon, Sandy, Lisa and I are field tripping to The Fabric Patch to pick the background fabric. I wrote down the magazine that the pattern is in, but I'm too damn tired to go find it right now. Wow. Wow. Wow. Can't believe it.

Well, that's about it from here. I'm beat and I need to get a good night's sleep so I can be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for tomorrow. My "official" going away shindig is tomorrow night at Westwood Brewing Company. Thursday is clear ... for now ... so it'll be a little more time to rest up. I'll be watching the rest of tonight's Deadliest Catch, then headed for some good sack time. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hope you got some sleep last night!