Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Changes

On days like today, the world I’m living in reminds me that I’ve made some major changes in the last few months.
In the year from July 1, 2006-June 30, 2007, Los Angeles received less than three inches of rainfall. Pittsburgh had 1.27” of rain YESTERDAY. Another 0.91” today and 6.11 inches so far in August. July saw 3.01” of rain. Lemme tell ya, though. It was monsoon season here last night. Oh, and at Kennywood while we were there! Not fun. Oh, and I wound up being there with Captain Cranky, who looked a lot like the Hubster. It was OK, though. I wasn't exactly itching to weather another dump of rain in the park, since we got pretty soaked when we first arrived.

More dumping today, mostly after I got home from my mini-interview field trip. I’ll know the outcome tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed for me, please!

In addition, I talked to my best friend today. I hadn’t realized that his school started classes yesterday. I kind of knew that volleyball season started this weekend, but it’s still kind of a reality check. My weekend plans involve a surprise party for my next-door (Pittsburgh) neighbor on Friday night and hopefully a busy Sunday with a 4 pm call-time for an eight-hour “work day.” For the first time in about 15 years, the weekend plans do not include waiting for results, posting stats and sending out boxscores. I wonder if I’ll miss it?

I actually spent today fighting a monster headache. I took some Advil on my way to the SouthSide and took a two-hour nap when I got home. We had essentially no food in the house, so I had to suck it up and do the grocery shopping thing today.

Pathetic as it is, that’s all I’ve gotten done today. That and about an inch of heel flap on my sock. I need to have a productive week. I want to finish my Positively Painful Pineapple blocks in advance of Tuesday’s class, and I want to have an easy knitting project to take with me if I’m working on Sunday. I should be able to accomplish those goals if I work smart.

Since photo-free blog posts are lame, here’s a photo from the backyard of the cottage where the Hubster and I stayed last weekend. I didn’t manage to get an exterior photo and I won’t be back up at the Lake until Monday morning, so I’ll try to post some of my other shots then. Happy Hump Day (tomorrow!)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Sorry Kennywood was a miss. Frankly I'm fed up with this weather pattern and I'm inside all day! And I've been battling the same headache -- it much be the weather!

Anonymous said...

I think this weather is cause for much malaise. I'm just ready to curl up in a hole and cover myself in yarn and see what happens in a week.

Unknown said...

shhhh....don't tell anyone I dropped by and told you this, but the Turtle Daddy sock blockers come in lime green, blue and purple as well. And since I helped paint them if you know what size you want, well, I can slide in some paint if the color is there. But don't tell. kthxbai!!!