Thursday, November 15, 2007

Steppin’ Up

Let’s all welcome the latest addition to the DPUTiger sock drawer


It’s the Jeweled Steps socks from, of course, the new Cat Bordhi book.


Pattern: Jeweled Steps from Cat Bordhi’s New Pathways Vol. 1
Yarn: Claudia Hand Painted in the Steelers colorway from The Loopy Ewe
Needles: My “standard” US2/2.75mm 16” KnitPicks circs
Started: 20 October 2007
Finished: 14 November 2007
Mods: On the second (left) sock, I left two additional stitches for the leg portion of the program. Should have left four additional. Also altered the “official” pattern slightly via Master Numbers.

Now my only problem is deciding what socks are next on the needles.

As far as last night’s show … it was very enjoyable. A 2 hour 20 minute show. Our tickets were in the front row of the balcony behind the stage, so it was neat to be able to see a lot of the backstage goings-on. But it also meant that instead of seeing THIS:


For most of the evening, I spent probably two hours out of the of the 2:20 looking at this:


Hey, at least it wasn't bad scenery!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm glad the show was good, I've been waiting to hear how it was! Good scenery, indeed.

It's probably for the best that we didn't get tickets because we would have been sick and miserable.

turtlegirl76 said...

Nice job on the socks! They look great!

Heather said...

Great socks... I have Cat's book, but I know that if i start on one, I will lose all focus for present WIPs... so, thanks, for vicarious enjoyment!

Sarah said...

Great socks! I think you finally found a pattern worthy of the yarn.

I am only allowing myself to open the Cat Bordhi book AFTER all my holiday knitting is done. So maybe I'll spend my December break knitting mini socks.

Next socks: dare I suggest Monkeys? ;-)