Tuesday, December 18, 2007

This ‘n That

Remember this motley crew?

Well, their wonderful hard work last May left me in a bit of a quandary today.

You see, Sandy (on the far right. Carol is on the left and Lisa is seated in the middle) is a very good ClutterBuster. That means that almost all of my fabric scraps got tossed before the move. This is a good thing. I stink at throwing things out that could possibly be used later. So I begged encouraged let Sandy do it for me.

Fortunately, I did keep a few small stashes of scraps, which came in handy for my little Mystery Craft Project today

And that led me to get out my Bernina for the first time since it had its "healthy machine annual exam" back in August


And I got to play in the thread box


I can’t show you what I am doing, since if it turns out successfully it’s going to be “party favors” for a few of the Hurricane Knitters tomorrow night. [Waterworks Barnes & Noble, 7-10 pm. Be there or be square!]. Those Hurricane types shouldn’t worry/panic. I spent well under $5/person. I promise!!! I’ve also decided what I’m bringing for our White Elephant swap tomorrow night.

Mystery Crafty Project is going well so far, but we have yet to reach the make-or-break “moment of truth.” That’ll probably happen sometime close to lunch tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

In knitting “news” I’m still plugging away on the second Monkey sock.

I also ran the last large batch of errands today. Post office. Bank. Stuff for Mysterious Crafty Project, Office Depot … and since I was circling Village Square anyway, I managed to stop and get some peppermint schnapps. Ho! Ho! Ho! I sense some kick-ass peppermint hot chocolate in my future!

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Party favors? Most excellent!

Sarah said...

Can't wait to see what those scraps turned into!

See you tonight.

Oh, and cheers!

Anonymous said...

Oh, so cool! I can't wait to see what happened to the scraps, either.

mfbjxgr

Anonymous said...

Scraps? How did I miss those? Can't wait to see what you made. I will look forward to tomorrow's posting.

Jess said...

ooooh I feel special cause I know what the favors are! I can't wait to see them, so don't forget to post pictures after they have been distributed. :)
I have a little thread box envy, too, I think. sniff.