Friday, May 28, 2010

Cattywampus

While I do refuse to stand in line at The Fold for things I can buy online at the same price, I do tend to wander past their booth at Maryland Sheep & Wool once the crowd has cleared. One of the skeins I picked up this year was a skein of Cattywampus in Socks that Rock Lightweight

STRLcatty1.jpg

I had noticed and admired this colorway when it popped up on BMFA’s site with the most recent batch of newbies.

STRLcatty2.jpg

I just like the color combination. I think it’s a very happy colorway.

STRLcatty3.jpg

Since they had decent stock of Twisted in Cattywampus, I came thisclose to purchasing two skeins of Twisted for another Shawl that Jazz, but I talked myself out of it. Too similar to the STJ I already made.

STRLcatty4.jpg

So I figured a single skein of lightweight was a good compromise. I had known going in that this was a colorway I’d purchase eventually. May as well avoid shipping charges, right?

STRLcatty5.jpg

I mean really. I was supposed to resist this colorway? I don’t think so.

5 comments:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

It's a gorgeous colorway! I'm curious as to how long the color repeats are; now I have to go look on Ravelry and see what people have done with it...

Anonymous said...

I like that colorway too. You're right is a very happy one.

Sarah said...

This colorway screams happy. I wouldn't have passed it up, either.

Zonda said...

Good reasoning for skipping the shipping! Love the colors!

Molly Bee said...

OMG! I love this! It's my perfect sock colorway (scampers off to order)