Monday, August 09, 2010

Back in the ‘Burgh

We’re home from vacation. Things got a little busy the last few days, so I’ll get you all caught up from the end of our vacation.

The Lake was pretty high on Thursday, so the walk was shorter and there wasn’t a whole lot of beach glass. But that’s OK! Because it means that there WILL be lots of glass the following day!

0805glass.jpg

Friday proved that theory true. Walked to the State Park again and got a ton of glass!

0806glass.jpg

And a close-up of some of the cooler pieces from that day’s walk, including a chunk of Coke bottle and most of the bottom of a bottle.

0806glassZoom.jpg

That night, we had the first good sunset of the entire trip. Hooray! Here’s a mosaic of some of the ridiculous number of photos I took that night. Click through to Flickr to embiggen!

0806sunsetMOSAIC.jpg
1. 0806sunsetA.jpg, 2. 0806sunsetB.jpg, 3. 0806sunsetC.jpg, 4. 0806sunsetD.jpg, 5. 0806sunsetE.jpg, 6. 0806sunsetF.jpg, 7. 0806sunsetG.jpg, 8. 0806sunsetH.jpg, 9. 0806sunsetI.jpg

The Lake was actually pretty high again during Friday’s sunset, so there was another bonanza on the beach on Saturday morning. Yay!

0807glass.jpg

The big party was Saturday night and I was busy chatting when it was time for sunset, but I grabbed my camera in time for a couple shots as the sun peeked through the clouds one last time.

0807sunset.jpg

This won't be my last trip this summer, but I don't know when I'm going back up. We shall see!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Looks like you had a nice time. :)

Bezzie said...

I love the oceanic waves on the great lakes...feels just like the ocean, except for the fact there are way more Canadian geese. ;-)
Maybe I've asked before--but what do you do with all your beach glass?

turtlegirl76 said...

Ha! I was going to ask the same thing as Bezzie but I think I remember that you have some jars you display your collection in?

Sarah said...

Glad you finally got a decent sunset!