Monday, January 03, 2011

Erin’s Bagstopper

There isn’t a whole lot to say about the Everlasting Bagstoppper that hasn’t already been said, whether it’s by me or someone else.

Ebagstopper2.jpg

I use mine constantly and refer to it as my “Mary Poppins Bag” since it tends to just expand and expand until it holds everything I might want it to hold. Sister-in-law Erin sounded interested when I mentioned that little fact, so she got a Bagstopper for Christmas.

EbagstopperStraps.jpg
Somehow, I had no brown thread in my stash. How does this happen?

As always, the bag knit up quickly. I used Judy’s Magic Cast On to start the base, knit to 3.5”, picked up the sides and was off to the races. The pattern is dead easy, which makes it a great, functional gift.

Ebagstopper1.jpg

Erin’s Bagstopper

Pattern: Everlasting Bagstopper from Knitty.com
Size: It’s a bag
Yarn: Knit One Crochet Too
Color: Stonewash
Source: Bloomin Yarns, McMurray, Pa.
Needles: US 5 and US 10.5 from my KnitPicks Options set
Started: 28 November 2010
Finished: 8 December 2010
Mods: Started with JMCO. Did not put in drawstring, since I rarely use mine.

No comments: