Thursday, June 16, 2011

Re-Entry

Hi there!

So I’m back from the first two of three non-home destinations of June. I survived the softball trip. It was hot, and once it got down to the final two teams, the one I was pulling for took home the title. Then I headed over to Columbus, Ohio, for TNNA, where I spent four days taking classes, eating well and walking around the market.

It was a full 14 days away from home and therefore exhausting, but all in all no serious complaints. I'm just trying to finish a gazillion little things before I leave home again on Sunday to head east for my class at The Mannings.

I know I’m a day late (and probably a dollar short), but I did take my WiP Wednesday pictures on … y’know … Wednesday, I just ran out of energy to blog last night after knit night. So here you go!

The Cleopatra socks were finished during the softball portion of the program. Then I cast on a plain vanilla pair in STR-M and blew through just about all of what you see below while walking the floor at TNNA.

06_15sb11.jpg

One of the yarns we are bringing into the store this fall is Kauni. I’ve had my eye on the Oakland Shawl for a year now, and have had the yarn for it in my house for nearly that long. So on Tuesday night, I cast on and got knitting. I’m loving it. Really.

06_15oakland.jpg

It’s been two weeks since I touched it, but I’m almost through my Classic Elite KAL sweater for the store KAL. Yay, chunky yarn and projects that go really quickly!

05_26sprout.jpg

And, of course, the biggest WiP around here is the house. Here’s a new pic of the exterior of the house. We’re really excited about the project and we are inching ever-closer to the finish line. I’ll post more pictures on my flickr page. Enjoy!

06_14extfull.jpg

1 comment:

Sarah said...

It was so good to see you last night -- it seemed like it had been forever!

Love the way the house project is coming along. That deck is going to be so nice to lounge on when it's done.