Wednesday, November 02, 2011

WiP Wednesday

Still Wednesday? Just barely? OK. Off I go.

It’s been a front-loaded writing week and I didn’t manage to sneak in blogging time earlier today, but here I am now!

I did a few rounds on my socks-in-progress, and a round or two on my cowl, but neither one was particularly photo-worthy. So, of course, all of my craft time has gone into my Noro sweater.

1102noro.jpg

It’s a set-in simultaneous sleeve, and I will admit that I had moments here and there where I wasn’t sure it was going to work out. But then I reminded myself that this is Barbara Walker and she probably knows what she’s talking about.

Yeah, it’s fine. I split for the sleeves at my knit night tonight. My friend SJ was kind enough to help me with my fitting process. I wound up doing two more increase rounds than I had planned, but I think that will translate into a better fit.

Another busy weekend on tap. Here’s hoping I can do some weaving on Friday afternoon. Fingers are crossed!

3 comments:

Donna Lee said...

I think it's a pretty good guess Ms Walker knows what she's doing!
Sometimes following a pattern is a leap of faith.

Sarah said...

I haven't heard of anyone going wrong following BW, so I think you'll be just fine! Really love how the sweater is coming along -- it's even prettier in person!

Trillian42 said...

I did sleeves like that on a sweater for Kris a few years ago. They were awesome!