Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Lintilla

I’m not much for pastel colors. But then a funny thing happened at the Pittsburgh Knit & Crochet Festival way back in March.

I was working the SpaceCadet booth on Friday, and I needed something to wear during the show. So I grabbed something out of the sample pile. It was Peacethrufiber’s Lintilla shawl.


I’ve never gotten so many compliments on a knitted item in my life.

So I decided pretty quickly that I needed to make one for myself. Fortunately, I know the dyer of the yarn, and she was willing to dye two skeins of Lucina (our sparkly base) in Usui for me to use for this shawlette.


She even through in a tiny bit more color than normal, including a little extra purple. Yay! The yarn landed at my house for my birthday, and I started it shortly after I got home from Oklahoma in mid-June.

My summer was full of lots of things that weren’t necessarily knitting-friendly, but I had a deadline. I needed a finished SpaceCadet knitted thing in time for Indie Knit & Spin in November. Especially since Peacethrufiber has moved to Hong Kong and taken her Lintilla with her!


I knit the increase pattern to 30 ruffles, if I remember correctly, then started the endless short rows. I had plenty of yarn, but because of how the shawl is shaped, it was gonna get really funny-looking if I kept going before I started to decrease.


All in all, I’m pleased with the project. I love knitting garter stitch, and this was no exception. Yay having a work-appropriate “thing” to wear at shows!

 
 
Lintilla 
 
Pattern: Lintilla by Martina Behm 
Size: Shawl-sized 
Yarn: SpaceCadet Creations Lucina 
Color: Usui 
Amount: Roughly 1.3 skeins 
Needles: US 3 (3.25 mm) 
Started: 10 June 2013 
Finished: 29 October 2013 
Mods: None, other than freestyling the number of ruffles before I started decreasing.

3 comments:

Nimrodita said...

That is a cool little shawlette! I really like it.

Sarah said...

Love it! You have quite the collection of ruffly shawls now, don't you? ;-)

Donna Lee said...

I really like that! It looks uncomplicated and the colors of the yarn shine through the design. There's something softly feminine about the ruffles.