Monday, May 21, 2007

The First of the Lasts

I had the first round of my "The Last Times" over the weekend.

My team which has been the most successful in its sport in NCAA history, had a significantly earlier exit from postseason than it has ever experienced before.

This morning, I went to work the last day of the NCAA Softball Los Angeles regional and the Bruins weren't playing. It was the first time since 1998 that I had worked a tournament that my school was hosting and my school wasn't playing that day.

Our PA announcer joked that he was the DJ of the radio station "KAMY" All my favorites, all day. Lots and LOTS of Barenaked Ladies and The Clarks. Very bittersweet.

I'll get back to more regular blogging now that I have my life back. (Including the meme for which SJ tagged me) For now, I'll leave you with Roaming Tigger, sitting on home plate at Easton Stadium prior to today's Regional Championship game. All of my favorite on-campus memories at UCLA happened here. I'll miss it terribly.

No comments: