Sunday, February 08, 2009

It’s a Hard Knuck Life

Let’s say you have cold hands. But you still need some manual dexterity. Oh, and you read the lovely Turtlegirl’s blog.

What better to knit than Knucks?

Thanks to the Hubster for serving as my hand model

It was a very quick knit, and I was a big fan of knitting knuckle-down.

He’s no J.P Prewitt, but he did pretty well!

They’re destined to live in Mississippi with my best friend, who is about to embark on a cold baseball season of open-air press boxes and night games. Here’s hoping they keep his hands warm!


Knucks!

Pattern: Knucks from the Summer 2006 issue of Knitty.com
Size: Large
Yarn: Rowan Cashsoft Aran, 2 balls
Color: Thunder (Gray)
Source: Bloomin Yarns
Needles: US 6/4.0mm
Started: 25 January 2009
Finished: 28 January 2009
Mods: None, other than using a bigger yarn/gauge than directed since I was knitting for a boy with big paws.

5 comments:

Bezzie said...

I love my knucks. So fast and so satisfying.

Sarah said...

I know he's going to love them!

turtlegirl76 said...

There they are! They turned out great!

Jessica said...

Very nice! They look toasty!

Anonymous said...

Which life is not hard to maintain? Can you tell me.