I was cruising along yesterday on my Celtic Cabled Slipover when my knitters intuition started to kick in. This thing was looking HUGE.
I checked my gauge, and it was a bit fat. Weird, since I swatched and rarely have jumps in gauge once I start a project. Then I put it on holders and let it spread out. Yeah.
That shows that a 44” vest is measuring over 50”. This is why I travel with a nostepinne pretty much anywhere I go. Vest got ripped out. I re-swatched during the Netherlands-Uruguay semifinal and am ready to cast on at knit night tonight.
In other news, I’ll show you my Sweater Fail on Pavillion.
I finally picked that sweater back up to finish the knitting two weekends ago. Counted stitches and realized I had a problem. I had missed an entire set of neckline decreases, so I was off by 10 stitches on either side of the front.
So I picked up my US3 needle that I had used for the ribbing and picked up stitches on either side.
And then I ripped out about 40 rows on each side. The whole thing is knit now and laid out in my basement. I’ll take it with me to Hurricane Knitters tonight for seaming. Here’s hoping there will be more forward progress by this time next week!