Wednesday, July 28, 2010

WiP Wednesday: This-n-That

Lots of little going on around here.

Baby Surprise Jacket is just a few buttonhole rows away from finished. But who knows when I’ll pick it up again. It’s just not calling my name at the moment.

0728bsj.jpg

The Musique socks are getting a bit of air time. Watching the colors go by and enjoying the base yarn remind me of why I do as much as I can to support Roxanne at Zen Yarn Garden and her work. Love!

0728musique.jpg

The minute I finished my CCS vest, I had an overwhelming urge to start another sweater. So I did!

0728mcp.jpg

It’s the Mondo Cable Pulli in The Fibre Company Terra. Wild Clary colorway. Loving it. And hoping it fits. I picked a size that’s a bit small, planning to shrink into it by the time it’s cool enough to wear it. I have 16 balls of yarn, and just started my third after picture taking.

Oh, and there’s another big WiP around here. We’re just about done with a really amazing stone mason working on our house. Spot re-pointing on the entire house. First time that’s been done on a 60-year-old house, so no too bad. He’s also re-setting the middle 80% of our front walk. This pic is from this morning when there were a very few stones left to fill back in. They’re all pointed now (that means there’s mortar between the stones) and they’ll finish up in the morning. It looks fantastic.

0728walk.jpg

4 comments:

Zonda said...

Oh, your front pathway is going to be awesome! I love stonework! Go you on the Pulli! I know I'll need to pick your brain when I start mine. :)

Donna Lee said...

All kinds of wips at your house!

I am such a fan of Roxanne and her genius way with color. I don't have the same eye for color that she has but I sure love seeing what she does with yarn.

Sarah said...

A sweater out of Terra? Me = jealous.

turtlegirl76 said...

oooh that pathway is going to be amazing! Love it!