Wednesday, June 13, 2012

WiP Wednesday

Well hello there! Trip went well. OKC was unseasonably cool, so I actually did a little knitting during the tournament:

0613strm.jpg

Plain vanilla New Pathways “Riverbed” socks for the Hubster. Yes, they’re huge. He has gigantic ski feet. There was one evening in particular that if I could have covered myself in wool, I totally would have done so. Yes, it was 55ยบ in Oklahoma City. In June. Which would have been fine if I had packed for that weather. But I didn’t.

Oh yeah, and speaking of packing, I spent the first night in Oklahoma without my checked bag. Wasn’t the fault of the airline. Local delivery dude flipped my bag with someone else’s. Joy. But it all turned out OK. Since I returned home last Thursday, I’ve returned to my Color Affection shawl. And now? I’m back to where I was when I ripped it out.

0613ca.jpg

I still love the new navy. Which isn’t surprising since it’s from one of my favorite dyers. I may go past the prescribed 2” and just use most of the skein. We’ll see what I decide when I get there.

No comments: