Wednesday, June 27, 2012

WiP Wednesday

So last week got busy, then there was TNNA and I just didn’t manage to blog. Sorry! But, that means I have three different projects to show you today! So here’s where my Bigfoot Socks were a week ago:
0620strm.jpg

After tons of time walking the floor at TNNA for a day and a half, much progress was made. Here’s how they looked this morning!

0627strm.jpg

The first sock isn’t finished because I need the Hubster to try it on and see where it is falling on his leg. I have plenty of yarn to knit tall(ish) socks for him, but I don’t want to go too high and get stuck in mysterious calf shaping without the wearer around to try on the socks.


Of course, last Friday at knit night, I didn’t really want to work on the Hubster’s socks, but I had another long-languishing pair hanging around. So I picked up I.B. Footsie once again!


0627ib.jpg

That’s the second sock and it is back in the round. Should be quick progress from here on out. I hope.

In other news, I got a little weaving done last week, which makes me really happy. It’s a table runner for a friend, and based on the twill sampler I did at Beginning Weaving Week at The Mannings two summers ago.


0620twill.jpg

It’s quick progress when I have time to sit at my loom and weave. Here’s hoping I have more of that in the near future!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

The weaving looks so cool! It's stuff like that that makes me want to weave (but I won't -- too much yarn and fiber in the house already! I'll just have to admire yours!).

Donna Lee said...

The weaving looks really cool (but complicated). Socks for my husband take so much longer since his feet aren't long but are wide so they are just bigger. He also likes a longer cuff.

sairy said...

everything looks lovely but I REALLY like that table runner!