Friday, October 26, 2007

YPF: Spontaneous Edition

I slept in this morning, and was perusing the end of my email and start of my bloglines when the phone rang. It was my mom.

“I’m done being a Witch,” she said. I was without a snappy comeback.

It turns out, she had been volunteering at the St. Clair Hospital Trick-or-Treat event. Next on her agenda was to drive my aunt Suzie back to Dallas, W.Va., with stops for lunch and yarn, and would I like to tag along. How could I turn down that offer?

We had lunch at Max & Erma’s then continued south on Rt. 19 to Cannonsburg. Since it is Yarn Pr0n Friday, we’ll get on to the part you’re all waiting for.

We went to The Knit Shoppe on West Pike in Cannonsburg*. I only bought one skein of yarn. That would be what is featured in today's YPF. Why did I only buy one skein of yarn? We'll get to that :-D


This extremely pretty and soft skein of Paca-Peds from The Alpaca Yarn Company


It’s 20% Superfine Alpaca, 65% superwash wool and 15% nylon.


I’m sure it’s going to be very warm and make extremely fun socks. Eventually. :)

Oh, and what the heck is that serving as a background for the YPF photos?


As soon as I walked into the store, the second thing I saw (after their extremely cool TJ Maxx shopping baskets, which I wished were for sale) was this A.MA.ZING DellaQ bag.

Now I have admired DellaQ bags for quite a while, and I own a DellaQ needle case. And yes, JESS, before you comment, I know I ‘fessed up just last night that I wasn’t a huge fan of knitting bags that are meant to be knitting bags. But this fabric is just gorgeous and SO soft and wonderful. And the colors? C’mon. Anyone who knows me at all knows that the color of this bag was created straight out of the deepest darkest corner of my brain and was meant to be in my possession. I just couldn’t resist!

*Oh, and I want to give a shout-out to one of the stores in the same 'hood as The Knit Shoppe. About half a block uphill, on the same side of the street, is Where the TOYS Are, an antique toy shop. Why the shout-out? It's owned an operated by my sister-in-law's uncle Phil! We stopped by and said hello to Phil on our way back to the car. If you need older toys, please give Phil's shop a look!

It was another dark and rainy day here in the ‘Burgh, but when we were driving to Suzie’s farm in Dallas, the foliage was once again impressive. I took this shot from the end of Suzie’s driveway. There were better views, but pulling over for a photo shoot on a narrow windy country road isn’t the best idea, so this is what you get. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Glad you have succumb to the evil that is knitting bag. Its gorgeous. Its you. :) Love it. YAAY!

Sarah said...

That is a beautiful knitting bag (that doesn't really look like a knitting bag); I don't blame you for not being able to leave it behind. And the sock yarn goes so well with it!

Anonymous said...

Love the bag! I do like The Knit Shoppe, also. :)