Thursday, December 25, 2008

M&Ms # 7 of 8: Carol!

Carol gets a gold star on this whole Row Robin project.

She set the schedule of who got which quilt at each trade.

She’s our official note-taker, making sure we all know what took place at our meetings beyond eating good food and laughing a lot.

She volunteered to be Mail Girl, sending me the next quilt at each exchange.

And she’s just a genuinely wonderful and generous person.

Carol’s quilt was the one I brought home with me in February after our initial meeting. She even tried to give me a jump on getting started. Remember the leak above our mailbox? Yeah. That was Carol’s quilt.

Here’s Carol on “opening day.”


Carol found a border print a while ago and built her quilt around that print. Do a full row of five 12" (finished) blocks, but fabrics can be different in each block. She provided background fabric, and since she knew that her fabric tastes and mine are polar opposites, she sent a few other fabrics that would go with her border print and once I had a few minutes to rub together, I got sewing. Remember this picture?


Well, it was from this blog post.

Somehow, I didn’t manage to take a picture of my row on Carol’s quilt before sending it off, but I did my “trademark” Double Z block from Quilters Cache. You can see Carol’s churn dash block? That’s the row you can see just to the left of center in the finished quilt below. My Double Z’s are one row to the right of the churn dashes (4th from the right)


Here’s hoping that this "inside" of the quilt looks fabulous with Carol’s border print!

One quilt left to blog. Mine! Santa was very, very, very good to me and I’m sure some of that stuff is blog-able. Plus there are two knitty FO’s and a 2008 wrap-up, so it’s going to be a pretty busy week around here (I hope!) Tomorrow’s itinerary includes Christmas card shopping with my mom first thing in the morning and a probable trip out to Robinson with the Hubster to visit Costco and possibly the J-store. Hope your day-after-Xmas is fun too!

1 comment:

turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh that's one is pretty! I really like your row. I can't wait to see yours!