Friday, December 26, 2008

M&Ms #8 of 8: Mine!!

My letter to the group was pretty vague. I went out and bought a box of the Crayloa crayons you got in kindergarten. Just eight colors: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple/Violet, Brown and Black, and I included it with my letter

I love blues, and that’s a color that’s usually very prevalent in both my knitting and quilting. So I told my friends to use those crayons as a guide and while they were welcome to use blue, they shouldn’t focus on it. I didn’t put any restrictions on my quilt at all. Pick something and go with it. Have your row reflect what you love about quilting.

You all saw my row being constructed here




And my “opening row” here

Yeah, it's the good 'ol Double Z!

My friends then took that row for a ride from mid-February until December 8, and here’s what they came up with


The above photo was taken at Sandy’s on December 8. Believe me, I would much rather have been there than in Florida. It would have been exponentially more enjoyable!

I took another photo this morning while the weather was still nice here this morning


In the above photo, the rows were constructed by (from top to bottom, links to their quilt posts): Carol, Anne, Denise, Nonie, Sandy, Yours Truly (starter row), Lisa and Beth.

I’ll be toting this quilt top around for a while in an effort to find the perfect border and backing, but I am very much looking forward to seeing this quilt finished. Thank you, my friends. I love all of you and am incredibly thankful that you have been willing to keep me involved in your group despite the thousands of miles between us. You all mean the world to me, and I would not have lasted eight years in Los Angeles without you.

I can’t wait to see what kind of trouble we’ll get into in 2009!

So that concludes the 2008 M&Ms quilt reveals. I hope you have enjoyed the series!

9 comments:

Trillian42 said...

Oh my gosh! It's gorgeous! It's been really neat seeing all of the quilts and how different they all are. I think yours may be my favorite, though. :)

turtlegirl76 said...

WOW! That is amazing! I love the rainbow theme. It's so happy! That is sure to be a favorite quilt for many years to come.

Jenn said...

Most excellent! :)

Bezzie said...

Beautiful!!!! It pops!!!

I've been hanging out here too much--I dreamt of quilts last night!!

floribunda said...

the whole series of M&M quilts has been great, but I think you ended up with the best of the bunch! I can't wait to see it finished!

LaurieG said...

Beautiful! I really like this one. Can't wait to see what 2009 will bring.

Anonymous said...

I think a skinny white border first, then a Crayola fabric border would be appropos. Very nice quilt top!

OT: Verification word is spyrium. Can I use it in a sentence? The spy who went crazy went to the spyrium instead of the sanitarium.

Sarah said...

That is one spectacular quilt! I really love how they all kept the white background -- it really pulls it all together.

Margy said...

Love how your quilt turned out. It was very fun to see all of them complete - thanks for sharing!