Monday, January 05, 2009

Like Potato Chips

I am here to tell you that these Noro Striped Scarfs are like potato chips. You can’t knit just one!

Special thanks to my cute, furry model, Derf!

They’re a perfect knit for when you need something to do that doesn’t require any brain power.


They go quickly. I knit this one in a week.


And it’s just entirely too much fun to photograph this thing with my “real” camera (I’m a closet photographer. I love my point-and-shoot, but to me SLRs are “real” cameras)


On a sunny day, you can just play with the depth of focus and take a bunch of different shots focused on different parts of the scarf until your knees start to ache from kneeling on the flagstone walk. Or the scary talk-your-ear-off mailman pulls up to your chunk of the street. Whichever comes first.


Noro Striped Scarf, The Sequel

Pattern: Basic K1P1 ribbing, based off of Brooklyn Tweed’s recipe
Yarn: Noro Silk Garden
Colorways: 2 skeins of 269. One each of 245 and 289
Source: Bloomin Yarns
Needles: Lantern Moon Rosewood Destiny Circulars, US 8/5mm
Size: Around 75” long
Started: Christmas Day (25 Dec 2008)
Finished: New Year’s Day (1 Jan 2009)

I was on vacation from work and needed a project that required 0.0 units of brain power and this was perfect. A much faster and more enjoyable project using US 8 needles as opposed to the US 6 I used the last time. And I don’t pull out those Lantern Moon needles as often as I should. They’re awesome.

5 comments:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

It's beautiful! And so are the pictures. I envy you your sunny day, too! I love my Lantern Moon needles, too, but I'm partial to ebony. Fab.

Sarah said...

I'm so jealous that your work schedule is such that you can run outside and take pictures of knitting when it's sunny. (I guess at least I should be thankful that now I have a window and can at least see that it's sunny!)

Love the scarf. I take it it will not be your last?

Bezzie said...

Seems like a good way to use up the random skein of Noro one might have in their stash. I dig it.

Donna Lee said...

I really like the ones I have seen. I am still slogging away on a scarf for my husband with some handspun. I'd love the Noro colors.

Jessica said...

So pretty! And I'm going to make sure I don't knit one so I don't have to worry about being able to stop! ;)