Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Barenaked

I don’t get geeky about a whole lot of stuff, but Barenaked Ladies are certainly on that list. Back in August, I road tripped up to Cleveland for my first opportunity to see them play as a four-piece band. When BNL announced they were coming to Pittsburgh in November (last Thursday, Nov. 11, to be specific), it was simply a matter of figuring out who would go with me. Missing the show was never an option.

I splurged a bit. Front-row seats were available and very reasonably priced! I wound up going to the show with three of my Thursday night knitters, and we had a blast! A sat with me up front with D and CelticQueen a few rows back. We had a bit of a dinner disaster (1:45 for dinner? Seriously?) and missed the opening act, but got to our seats well before BNL took the stage.

bnlRTstage.jpg

Roaming Tigger was there, of course. He really wanted a picture with the other animals on Kevin’s piano, but he was too chicken. Sad!

bnlBirdDown.jpg

I figure that’s some sort of cartoon elephant on the piano. The name is on the tip of my tongue, but I just can’t figure it out. Help? The bird fell during one of the last few songs of the main set, and came back out on the neck of Kevin’s guitar, since he’s a puppet.

Once again, Sound of Your Voice was amazing. It made me sad they weren’t selling digital recordings of the show. Again. I’d totally pay for the version of this song they do live. It’s awesome.

bnlVoice.jpg

We heard about the Euro-fabulous street signs in Homestead (I never noticed them, but Celtic Queen and I were totally laughing when we drove by the backlit etched signs on the way home.) It was awesome.

bnl1111pgh.jpg

I’m hoping the guys had fun and will be back soon.

bnlJimTyler.jpg

I know I’ll be in attendance the next time they’re remotely close to my area!

bnlEncore.jpg

I didn’t want to bore you all to tears with all the pictures I took at the show. I’m geeky enough that I have a BNL group on my Flickr account, HERE. The first row is from a bookstore show in California, the next row is from Cleveland in August and the rest are from last Thursday.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I was wondering if you were at the concert! I guess that was a silly thing to wonder.

Jenn said...

I think I said this when you posted about your trip to Cleveland, but I can only imagine how great they are in concert. I think if they come near us, I'll work hard on getting to see them.