Wednesday, July 13, 2011

One at a Time

Lately, I have been firmly planted in Project Monogamy Land. I figure I should enjoy it while it lasts. Fortunately, my current obsession is simple enough that although it is a bit large, it’s still appropriate travel knitting. It’s all garter stitch, and I only really need to pay attention on four stitches every other round. That meant that I could knock out a half-dozen rows during the Pirate game on Friday night. Raise the Jolly Roger!

0713oakland.jpg

It’s my Oakland Shawl, and I’m rapidly approaching the finish line. I only have one small quibble:

0713oakyarn.jpg

Theoretically, these were both 150g balls of Kauni. Obviously, they weren’t. Bloomin’s Kauni supply hasn’t landed yet, so I field tripped to Natural Stitches earlier this week (and got to see WeirdyPants and KnitNat!) to pick up another skein of the black-to-white colorway. I figure it won’t go to waste. I’ll use this yarn again for sure.

Meanwhile, it’s time to watch the Women’s World Cup and keep chugging on this shawl. The finish line is in sight!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, the shawl has grown so much since I last saw it, and I really love how it's worked up! Bummer about the yarn. That's a pretty significant difference.

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one that found the black-white skein of yarn running short before I was done but the other skein still going strong. Maybe the black-weight yarn weighs more after dying and thus less yardage. I had hoped to get it done with just one skein of each.