Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas in the Country

I was mentally planning out blog posts for the remainder of the week when I realized that Thursday (tomorrow) is New Year’s Eve. And that I wanted to do a 2009 Finished Objects post for NYE. But there’s one problem with that. There’s still a 2009 Finished Project I haven’t shown you yet!

Xcowl.jpg

It’s my Christmas in the Country cowl!

XcowlClose.jpg

This was a very quick, enjoyable knit. I’m becoming hooked on Susan Pandorf’s designs! This is going to be a sample/project option for a colorwork class I hope to teach at Bloomin Yarns.

XcowlGuts.jpg

And ‘cause I love you, I’m showing you my project’s guts! This was an extremely quick knit with the exception of the center section. The chunk in the middle with green has three “live” colors which started out as a challenge, but once I got into a rhythm it wasn’t bad at all.

XcowlWorn.jpg

Christmas in the Country Cowl

Pattern: Christmas in the Country Cowl by Susan Pandorf
Yarn: 1 skein each Cascade CashVero DK in Dark Olive,
Rowan Cashsoft DK in Cream and Opulence (red)
Needles: US 6 KA Switch 24” circular
Started: 22 December 2009
Finished: 25 December 2009
Mods: None
Notes: The red bled like a sonofabitch. I wet-blocked (had to -- ribbing was flipping in) with a dip in a bucket with Soak, then my usual drying procedure. Bucket water was RED.
Beware if you put this red into a colorwork project!

5 comments:

Zonda said...

Beautiful, guts even ;) bummer on the red colorway though!

Bezzie said...

Wow! Amazing the red didn't stain the white! It's nice!

Jenn said...

I'm always suspicious of red yarn, it seems to bleed a lot. At least it didn't stain the white!

Sarah said...

I agree with the others -- bleeding red is a pain in the arse, but at least in this case it didn't bleed into the white!

turtlegirl76 said...

Oh wow. It's so pretty!