Thursday, March 01, 2007

Hibernating

Well, sort of. I'm doing some knitting. I have the back of the brown cable sweater knitted through two skeins of yarn and it's sitting on a holder waiting to make sure that the armpit decreases are correct on both the front and back. No photos, 'cause it basically looks exactly the same as it did the last time I showed you.

I've also started the front. I've only had time to do about four rows a night, so it's going slowly. I had "homework" for a field trip early next week. Hopefully I'll have a little time for RT to get his picture taken a time or two on the grounds of Monday/Tuesday's destination, but I doubt it.

Don't want to jinx the field trip by talking about it too much, so I'll shut up now.

On Tuesday, the hubster went up to school with me for my home game and the aforementioned Tuesday evening field trip. It was a really clear day in Los Angeles. The kind that makes me really wonder what the hell we're breathing the rest of the time. Anyhow, I whipped out my camera and instructed the hubster to take a photo or two. The shot below was taken on the northbound 405 freeway about two miles south of the 105. And the HOLLYWOOD sign, which is circled in red, is probably about 20 miles away. It's a little fuzzy in the picture, but clear as day when you're looking at it live.


This scares me, because on a regular day in LA, I can't even see the mountains when I get to the 10 freeway, which is awfully close. The air is probably about as good for us as the tap water, which tastes like dirt. I love this town (not).


And, a final gratuitous shot of the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas. We got a far-away shot in this earlier post, but on the day of the skills competition (Sat.), our bus drive managed to drive right up to the front of the building on our way to the field. So I took advantage and took a kick-ass picture from the bus.

RT will probably make an appearance this weekend at softball. That's where I'll be for all of the upcoming three days. Enjoy your weekend. I'll be working.

No comments: