Friday, February 16, 2007

Fabulous Las Vegas

Yep. I'm in Fabulous Las Vegas. Watchin' some softball.

The host school set the schedule with three-hour windows between games. This is both good and bad. It's good because you know that you're going to start on time. It's bad because when there's a quick game (we played in 95 minutes earlier today) then there is a loooooooooooong time between games.

I skipped the lunch field trip with the team, so I've spent a good solid six hours at the field today. Fortunately, there's a very nice press box, so I'm plenty comfy.

I also decided it was time to bust out my roaming gnome. Meeet Tigger!


In front of Hofbrauhaus Las Vegas


In front of the Hard Rock Cafe. This is where we ate dinner last night. I had a cobb salad. It was yummy.


With part of the Las Vegas strip in the background


And with the Thomas & Mack Center, the site of the NBA All Star Game ... the rookie game will start roughly at the same time as the second game of the day for my team.

I got a tiny bit done on my KnitPicks slipper project, but not much. I'll keep chipping away on that. It's what is calling me right now.

No comments: