Saturday, February 24, 2007

Thawing Out

Last night was as cold as I can remember being for a very, very long time.

I started freezing to death around noon. I had to score a game out at the "minor league" fields. Once I was already out there, wearing shorts, the wind kicked up to about 40 mph and I wound up sitting in the shade shivering for quite a while.

Then I sprinted back over to the field where my own team was about to play. The photo below was taken from a nearby vantage point before I started turning into a popsicle. Most of the way through my first game of the day, some friends decided I looked cold and got me a hot chocolate. Many humble thanks to Mama E and Becky! I put on all of my remaining clothing layers for our 8 pm contest, but still was literally shaking from the cold by the time that game ended. Not. Fun.


Roaming Tigger (RT) is seated on the storage unit of the tri tip stand at the complex. These are some of the best sandwiches EVER.


The proprietor of the stand asked what I was doing. When I explained, he said "he needs a picture with the sandwiches!" So here is that resulting shot. I'll have a sandwich for dinner tonight. My special treat for the weekend!


Earlier in the morning, RT was kickin' it at the hotel, soaking in the golf course and poolside view. This was well before we realized just how effing cold it was going to get


Just to prove that I do stuff besides softball (although not much these days!), here is a baby blanket I finished up for a friend I'll see this weekend. It was a panel kit from Keepsake Quilting. I quilted it ages ago and whip stitched the opening during Grays Anatomy the other night.


And, here's the progress I've made on the cable sweater since its last photo op. About 10 more inches of stockingette and I'll be ready to start making some changes.

Gotta go score another game (surprise). Here's hoping that today remains exponentially warmer than yesterday!

No comments: