Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Errands, Part 1

It was a random weather day (Tuesday. Here I go, posting after midnight again). I woke up at 7 am because it was WINDY and starting to rain, so I closed my windows.

Since I was a big sucker and stayed up until 2 am last night watching football, I turned off my alarm in my sleep and snoozed until 11.


When I finally got vertical, the sky was pretty cool. Between showers, I braved the high winds and crossed the street to snap a few shots.

Then my exciting day started. Yarn shop in Brocton (no purchasing, just browsing and chatting). Quilted Memories (dropped off the Pineapple top to get it quilted!!!!). Grocery store.

The sky was doing more cool things so I got the camera out again.

This is my favorite shot of the day.

I surfed some, watched a little too much TV and showered. Then I got fired up and cooked dinner for the baby brother and myself. Turkey Tacos. One of my easy stand-bys.

By the time we finished eating, it was essentially sunset. That keeps getting earlier, by a minute every day. I have a huge problem with that. I think part of the problem comes from the fact that I wasn’t up here at all prior to the summer solstice. The variation in length of day in Los Angeles was so slight, that I barely noticed. I never really felt the long days of summer. It was several weeks after the solstice before I got up here the first time, and they days have been getting shorter (and the sun setting farther to the “left”) every day.


This was probably 10 minutes before the actual sunset, and this was as good as it was gonna get. We had cloud cover on the horizon before the sun got there. Maybe tomorrow.

Actually, Erin and I are going to East Aurora tomorrow to pick up my Bernina. We’re probably going to add an extra stop or two onto my itinerary. We shall see.

I did bind off my Booga Bag tonight. Photos after felting.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I really hate that it's getting dark so much earlier. Winter is hard enough with the cold, but the lack of light really does me in.

Can't wait to see the Booga Bag! I finally felted my French Market Bag last night -- you would not believe how much it shrank!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow! Scary weather is... SCARY!!!