Friday, September 07, 2007

YPF: Seriously Loopy Edition/Part 1

Welcome to Yarn Pr0n Friday, The Loopy Ewe edition!

So I’ve gone more than a little bonkers at The Loopy Ewe recently. Several of the Hurricane Knitters were asking me about the shop in the last few days. There is only one negative that I can possibly think of when it comes to The Loopy Ewe – Sheri carries yarns that are SO great and SO well-represented photographically that I am (too) often completely incapable of resisting. Entirely too many skeins jump into my cart, and I now have more sock yarn that I’ll be able to go through in months unless I completely stop knitting anything else (yeah, like THAT is going to happen!)

So this YPF is going to be the yarn from my previous shipment from TLE, not the one I opened yesterday morning. I’ll take those pictures today, but since I already had three Loopy yarns photographed and I’ve spent the morning killing spiders cleaning bathrooms, this is what you get.

In addition to the Steelers Claudia Handpaint I featured here, I also got some Claudia in the colorway of “Carousel”


I love bright colors, and apparently I really love rainbow-type prints.


My fabric palate is always drawn towards that box of eight Crayola Crayons you had in kindergarten. Apparently, my feet crave those colors as well.


And it doesn’t end there. I’m enjoying the Fleece Artist I’m using for the current sock-in-progress enough that I got hooked for another skein of their Merino.


Pretty, huh? It’s the “Rainbow” colorway, 100% merino wool.

Next!

I’ve loved every Cherry Tree Hill yarn I’ve ever touched. Well, maybe not the ribbon, but you know what I mean.


This is 340 yards of DK weight Superwash Merino in the colorway “Peacock” and it is asking very nicely to be a warm pair of winter socks. Any suggestions for a pattern?

Like I said, I’ll photograph the four skeins I got this week and will YPF them next week. If you like these, then lemme just tell you how awesome the newest four are. Have a great weekend, and wish me luck on getting a little more of the house cleaned (and that last border on the Pineapple Quilt!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Veddy veddy nice. Me likey.