Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Errands, Part 2

Yes, I know it’s Wednesday, and that’s generally WiP it Wednesday. However, I don’t want to bore you into a catatonic state, and since I SUH-WEAR that I have nothing interesting to show you, we shall move along.

This morning, Erin and I field tripped to East Aurora, N.Y., so I could pick up my sewing machine after its service trip (nothing wrong, it had just been about two years since this machine had gotten a check-up). I haven’t sewn with it yet, but my mom has used their service dept., so I’m sure I’ll be pretty happy with them. Just wish they were closer!

I wound up getting a little spendy at the sewing center. A queen size wool batting


I’ve been wanting to work with this stuff for a while, and it’s the first time I’ve seen a wool batting on a shelf, so I grabbed it up!

Some thread so I can get quilting on a few basted objects I have hanging around. A book I owned, had signed by the author and has vanished and did not surface during the move. And, because I am perpetually terrified that I will lose the ONE notion that is my favorite of that genre, I bought a second pair of my very very favorite small scissors. (This is also why I have about eight of my favorite tape measure, and buy one every time I see it on sale for less than $5)


Oh, and a Jelly Roll that I was totally planning to buy online. Might need to get another one (or two). Love these fabrics!


Erin and I stopped for lunch on the way home in Buffalo at Erin’s favorite restaurant

It was yummy.

RT doesn’t think he’s been featured enough lately, so he’s been posing around the house


We had a pretty impressive sunset tonight, but I was out with the brother and sis-in-law so I missed the “main event.” Still got some good pics when we got back. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wait -- is that a Frank Lloyd Wright quilt book? You mean you could make quilts that look like Frank Lloyd Wright windows? I would totally do that (not that I need another hobby right now).

Anonymous said...

Does RT have a brother or sister? He's awfully cute!!