Sunday, May 04, 2008

Home In One Piece

Yep. I survived Maryland Sheep & Wool.

It was fun and I’ll write about it when my head stops feeling like it’s going to explode.

I was sneezy and drippy yesterday, but when I got home tonight I cut the grass. I think that’s what modified the situation from “yeah, it’s seasonal allergy time” to “My Head Is Full Of Snot And My Eyes Are Watering And I Think My Head Might Explode.”

Much fun.

So as I left the fairgrounds yesterday, I saw this (yes, I took it while I was on I-70. It’s shockingly easy to just take a half-dozen blind photos … eyes on road, not camera … and just pick the best one)


Yep. My Check Engine light turned on. I checked a few reliable sources (thanks, Yvonne!) and was told that as long as it didn’t start blinking, I should just go home. What the heck else was I going to do when it turned itself on at 6:15 on a Saturday night?

For the record, it turned on between driving off of the Fairgrounds and getting on I-70 to return to the hotel on Saturday. Car is currently at the mechanic and will be plugged into a computer tomorrow morning.

The one thing I’ll share now from my festival haul is this, a photo taken specifically and exclusively for Dave, although this photo is far from his high standards.


Yep. They're the only thing(s) I’ve touched since I got home. Dove straight for the scrap yarn stash while watching the Pens game.

And on that note, I’m off to go pass out and hope to hell that I can breathe tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!

8 comments:

Jess said...

oooooh I am so jealous! I can't wait to hear about your sheepy wool adventures.

Jenn said...

We went geocaching in your neck of the woods today (sort of) and while we were walking, my allergies started crabbing at me. Considering that my pollen allergies were taken care of years ago by allergy shots, that's really saying something!

I hope the car thing is nothing too too bad!

Anonymous said...

Hey, LUCETS! One of each. I'll be curious to see which you prefer most, handle or plain.
Can't wait to hear more about the adventures.

Sarah said...

Hmm, now did the check engine light turn on because you were bringing home so much yarn? ;-)

Anonymous said...

It was great to meet you!! Sorry I was working and couldn't chat :(

My check engine light came on awhile ago and it was nothing that was keeping the car from running, but you know - cars today are very sensitive! Hope nothing too serious for you!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made it home safely! I was thinking of you. It was so nice to see you at the festival!!

turtlegirl76 said...

I am so thrilled we finally got to meet! I'm hoping one of my friends got a pic of us together because there aren't any on my camera. =(

Anonymous said...

Where did you find the lucets??? I looked all over for them!