Wednesday, April 28, 2010

WiPing as Fast as I Can!

Hi there! Time for the one bit of weekly blog fodder I can count on in my exceptionally boring life!

Pavillion got a lot of good work Wed/Thu of last week. I’m a cable cross away from dividing for the neck, but I haven’t touched this since I got home (except for getting it out for its WiP Wednesday picture). I know I’ll get back to it soon, but the mojo is elsewhere at the moment.

0428pavillionFront.jpg

After an exceptionally long hibernation, my gumdrop socks are back in the rotation as my primary knitting. Most of Bill’s female gameday workers made some kind of comment about the socks, and the TV talent for Friday’s rained out game asked WTF I was crocheting during the two-plus hours between when we were supposed to throw the first pitch and when we were officially rained out.

0428gumdrop2.jpg

Of course, I corrected the boys in as smartass a fashion as possible, then explained what I was knitting. I learned long ago that if you’re knitting two of something and the first one is finished, keep that first one in your project bag. It helps the muggles figure out what the heck you’re talking about when they can see the finished first sock (or mitten or whatever).

Shortly after taking the above photos, I did a little more writing for pennies, then finished the heel turn on the sock you see above. I’m now back to the pattern and tapering away. If I remember correctly from Sock #1, this pair should fly from here.

5 comments:

floribunda said...

I like them -- they're so spring-y! Just did my first garter toe on the current sock project (I feel like I'm ready to deal with Cat Bordhi!) but failed miserably at the short-row heel. Somehow watching videos on the blackberry didn't help... so it's ripped out and I will do a flap heel instead. Photos soon.

Anonymous said...

I like it when old ladies ask me what I am knitting and then they whisper to themselves and I can hear them. They say things like look at those needles and she is knitting them two at a time.

Sarah said...

Smart idea to keep the second sock on hand for display purposes. I can't even tell you how many times I've told someone I'm knitting a sock only to have them tell me "You know, there are supposed to be two of them!" or some other smart-aleck remark.

Donna Lee said...

I always carry the completed sock with me so I can whip it out and let folks be amazed by it. Then I listen to them tell me that it's wonderful someone is keeping up the traditions. I am, single handedly keeping knitting alive. Who knew?

Molly Bee said...

Love the 'muggles' comment! Love the sock color! Pavillion is going to be gorgeous when it's done!