Thursday, April 01, 2010

April? Really?

Yeah, I missed WiP Wednesday again. Had to write for a measly salary and work some softball yesterday, so I ran out of time. But hey! I can still show you what I’m working on, right?

Pavillion is moving along nicely

0401Pavillion.jpg


I am almost to the cap shaping on the second sleeve, but this project is going to snoozeville for a little while. I’ll get back to it very soon, but I need to put it aside for a bit in order to do some gift knitting.

0401Brittany.jpg


At Knit Night at Bloomin last week, I was bemoaning the need to knit something for my niece for her first birthday. CelticQueen said to knit some kind of a dress and Michelle pointed out a store sample of the Brittany Jumper from Minnowknits. I grabbed some sale Louet Gems light worsted and got started.

Sadly, I struggled with the join on this dress and as we were nearing the end of Hurricane Knitters last night, I realized that I had twisted the damn thing. KnitNat helped me rip the damn thing out. I re-wound the yarn when I got home and got right back to work. I’m already back to where I was when I had to rip it out and I’m nearly to the 6.5” of stockingette in the round. Hopefully I’m correct that this project will start to zoom along and I’ll be back to Pavillion in short order.

Meanwhile, my favorite four-legged neighbor is enjoying our beautiful weather

0330syd.jpg


Every time I go over to visit, I get the “dead dog” impersonation so she can convey her need to have her tummy scratched. Silly dog!

4 comments:

Bezzie said...

Ooo..This Pavillion has me intrigued!

turtlegirl76 said...

Pavilion is looking good! Let's hope that dress zooms right along so you can get back to it!

Sarah said...

Gah! I left a comment and it didn't show up and I closed the box. Sigh...

Anyway, I was trying to say that I was sorry to hear about the little hiccup in that adorable little dress, but at least it's a small project, so it won't take too long to get back to where you were and beyond.

Heather said...

OMG that is so cute! Erika is going to be one soon, too... I feel a trip to Bloomin' coming on.