Thursday, January 03, 2013

E Street Shuffle

Since I’m trying to keep my “catching up” somewhat chronological, the next Very Cool Thing to tell you about is my trip to see Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band at the end of October.

Tickets went on sale the Friday after my Mom died. Since my dear friend Sairy was willing to drive out from New Jersey for the show and help me play the Ticketmaster game, we were able to get some damn good seats.

Wrecking Ball tour 10/27/2012

The Ticketmaster Fairy was very, very good to us. We were close enough to watch the stage, not necessarily the big screens. And we were awfully close to the runway that divided the floor.

Wrecking Ball tour 10/27/2012

It was my first show since Clarence Clemons passed away in 2011, and I admit to spending a good chunk of the show watching Jake Clemons, Clarence’s nephew, who has taken over the sax for the E Street Band.

Wrecking Ball tour 10/27/2012

We had one moment of excitement with a drunk in front of us getting thrown out (think the Ron White “Drunk in Pub-LICK” sketch. The drunk was a very big dude and was hauled out of there FAST), but then this happened.

Wrecking Ball tour 10/27/2012

And really, anyone who doesn’t have a good time at a Bruce show is trying to be a grouch. Not many shows better than The Boss, and the Wrecking Ball tour was a lot of fun!

All pics are from my cell phone camera. Not bad at all for a phone that's ready for replacement!

1 comment:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Based on your pictures, you had awesome seats! We saw Bruce last April in LA and November here in Portland. We were behind the stage in LA, and all the way at the other end in PDX. But great shows, and Jake is doing a great job!