Saturday, January 05, 2013

Huntington Library

I actually had one (almost) completely free day on my California trip, so I took some time to visit one of my very favorite places in the greater Los Angeles area – Huntington Library!

Untitled

Shortly after arrival, I came to the saddening realization that the battery on my “real” camera was dead. But, Roaming Tigger still wanted to take pictures, so my cell phone camera had to step up to the plate.

After discussions with my Aunt about our favorite Gardens at the Library, RT and I started at the Chinese Gardens.

Untitled

We were sad to discover that the Chinese Gardens was missing all of its water elements. Drained for repair/maintenance. Booo!!!

Untitled

Maybe there will be water on our next visit?

Untitled

But there were still some cool elements in the Chinese Gardens, including this one bit of sidewalk!

Untitled

Then we moved along to my long-time favorite, the Japanese Gardens.

Untitled

There were huuuuuuuge koi in the main pond!

Untitled

And we visited the bonsai garden.

Untitled

As always, it was an awesome visit. Here’s hoping I can go again soon!

No comments: