Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Ahhhhh…

Happy Turkey Day Eve, to all of my American readers. This is my favorite holiday. A full day of hanging out with the family. Great food. Lots of fun without any of the stress of finding presents for those hard-to-buy-for folks on your lists!

It started snowing big-time yesterday, but has now stopped. It was big fat heavy wet flakes and it was sticking to everything. But when I woke up this morning, I was pleasantly surprised to see that my driveway had already melted. Bonus!

But, I know I have many readers who miss winter, so here’s a little photo-mosaic for you. All photos taken around 9 am EST today.


In other news, here’s what I’m working on knitting-wise:

My first Moebius!

I’m into the second skein of Malabrigo silky wool. I’m not quite sure how much more I’ll knit, but I am definitely enjoying this project and will Moebius again!

My first colorwork!

The Postwar Mittens from the new Twist Collective. Loving this project!

And, we got a shiny new sock yarn in at Bloomin Yarns, and I just had to try it out.

My first sock! (of this pair!)

So that’s about it from here. I’m off to run some errands and enjoy the beginnings of a four-day weekend. Hope you can do the same!

6 comments:

Trillian42 said...

Snow = pretty, but wow I don't miss it. :)

And are you going to TELL us what said shiny new sock yarn is? Or just taunt us with the pretty colors.

Bezzie said...

Ooo..I get winter, but I do miss snow!!

Molly Bee said...

Great looking projects! I hope your Thanksgiving was GREAT!

Sarah said...

Amazing how much snow you guys got! Everything we had in the city was wet and melted right away.

Love the colorwork mitten!

Donna Lee said...

The snow is beautiful. Some brief flurries here but that's all. What a tease.

I love the new sock yarn! What is it?

turtlegirl76 said...

I second Pam. What the hell yarn is that pretty new stuff? Ella Rae?

Pretty pictures. I like to LOOK at them but I don't want to be IN them.