Sunday, July 01, 2007

The UN(packing) of quilt central

Hey! Welcome to my 100th post! :)

Today started off yummy. We needed to pick up some of the Hubster’s dry cleaning, and since this


Was just two doors down, we had a Breakfast of Champions. I swear, these are the Best Doughnuts Ever. Well, best glazed doughnuts. SO GOOD!


Add a little beverage from the deli right next door


And I was on a sugar high for the next six hours. This was breakfast once a week when I was in high school. I can’t do it often now, but it’s still comforting to know that the best doughnuts in America (IMHO, YMMV) are just walking distance away.

We then went on to Costco, where we got … well … a little bit of everything. I got a new electric toothbrush and a new Foodsaver (both originals are going to the Lake), but my favorite find was this:


When I was at ASU in mid-May, their PA announcer brought these to the park. It was 110 degrees outside that day, and these things were damn good. And pretty darn healthy, too! Bonus! I highly recommend if you live somewhere that it gets hot and you also have a Costco membership.


After we got home and got the groceries put away, we moved furniture in the basement, then I was left to put the electronics together. I once again forgot to get a good “before” photo, but the above is the view from the area by the furnace and water heater where my cutting table will live.


This is the nook where that table will go. That mirror used to live in the front entry and will probably go back, but we’ll figure that out later.


All that crap on the futon will wind up getting put away somewhere “real” and that blue couch is going bye-bye. The old housekeepers want it and we want it out of our house. What is it with me and getting rid of furniture lately? Door in the background leads to the backyard and back patio. I’m guessing that most of the time my quilting cabinet is set up, it will be near the futon. I’ll figure it out for real later.


See the fabulous green/yellow/orange carpet that peeks out by the new furnace? That was the carpet in the entire basement the whole way through my kid-hood. Spectacularly 70s, no? The grid came in quite handy in spotting the ball for knee football. Where did we play knee football?


Here. To the right of the stairs where there are currently piles and piles of K and Q boxes. That I will get to eventually.

That was it for the unpacking for today. TV, Stereo and DVD player are all functional, now we just eagerly await the arrival of DirecTV guy on Tuesday morning. (hubster set the stuff up in the official TV room ... where the current big TV will never fit)

After we left the house, we went to Sears and bought our new washer and dryer. We went whole-hog on that purchase, figuring that this is the last place we’re gonna live for quite a while. Whirlpool Duet. Front loader. With pedestals. Laundry room is currently a pit of stuff that used to be in my car. I’ll take a real photo once it’s put together better.

Oh, and then …

Yeah. I dress like a person every so often. Hubster insisted on photographic proof, so I guess I’ll share.

I’m working a golf tournament tomorrow. May or may not take knitting out on the course with me. I’ll make a final decision in the morning. Wish me luck in avoiding stark raving boredom while sitting in a golf cart for nine hours. Ugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 100th!!
You guys look adorable "dressed up." I think the K and Q boxes multiplied on the trip.