Sunday, July 20, 2008

Halfway Home

On several topics, actually.

All the stuff that the landscapers were going to take out is gone.

Great Big Empty

So the house landscaping project is halfway finished. I knew the beds were big, but WOW. There was a ton of plant life in there. I’ll try to get some other pics of just how huge those beds are. Landscape Dudes are coming back on Tuesday to put a much smaller quantity of new stuff in.

I’m also halfway through the Black Socks of Death.

Sock is Blacker/Darker Than It Appears

This was taken during the final “fitting” and have been deemed acceptable. Second sock has been cast on and will be knit furiously tomorrow. Until I run out of yarn. Another skein is on its way from OKC, since they were thankfully able to match the dye lot.

Note to Self: Make sure any future socks for the Hubster have lots and lots of yardage available. Yeek.

Oh yeah. Tomorrow. I’ll be spending the entire day on a golf course, working a hospital fundraiser tournament. This tournament, actually.

My mom is picking me up at the butt-crack of dawn, so I need to wind my backup sock and get ready for the AM, then off to bed. I’ll try to have a recap from today up soon, and I have a few weeks worth of YPF shot, so let’s hope I can be blogging pretty regularly. Have a great Monday!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

That is a heck of a lot of stuff they removed!

Glad you were able to get another skein of yarn to match!

Jess said...

You are so lucky to get another skein of yarn.
The yard is looking much less landscaped. I cant wait to see it re-landscaped with less shrubbage.

Jen said...

Glad to hear that you were able to find another skein of yarn in the same dyelot for the black socks of death. They're looking good!