Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Fore!

RT and I spent all day yesterday at a charity golf tournament. New levels of bored were achieved, but I did almost finish the second sleeve on my alpaca sweater. Photos to come, probably tomorrow or the next day. I'm babysitting DirecTV guy and a plumber this morning, then mom and I are going to the Lake. Woo-Hoo!!!!!


RT and I spent the morning on the 15th tee. It was a nice spot with a great view of most of the course, including the clubhouse.

It was also REALLY FREAKIN COLD!!! I was shivering until about 11:30 am, and wore my fleece jacket almost all day.

The 15th is the last Par 3 on the course. In the morning, I was in charge of hustling golfers for 50/50 "Hit the Green" raffle tickets. Anyone who got a hole in one won THIS:


A lovely BMW Z4 from Bobby Rahal BMW. RT liked it. And we only plug the dealer because they had a really nice guy manning the tee with the car. We had fun with Steve all morning.


RT got to drive (Steve's suggestion)


but he couldn't really see from way down there, so he wanted a pic of himself with the whole car. We did have one golfer who was within four inches of the cup on 15 during the morning round. Wow.

In the afternoon, we were on the 12th green. My partner Al and I were in charge of watching everyone tee off, verifying a hole in one (no such luck), measuring Closest to the Pin, and guarding:


This Corvette. RT liked the beemer better, but this was OK too.

The most exciting part of the day was when my dad wound up winning Closest to the Pin on 12! While I was in charge of measuring! Yay, dad!

OK. Off to face my day. Pack for the Lake, wait for DirecTV and the plummer to show up. Unpack a little more. Aren't you jealous?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I hope you didn't have to serve as a human shield in case a ball got too close to either car!