Sunday, July 22, 2007

I’m an Idiot

To prove that I actually still do knit, here’s a picture of my first finished Jaywalker.


Wanna know why I’m an idiot? Well here’s the thing. This stupid sock has been hanging over my head. For quite a while. But I’m itching to knit on some different sock yarn, so I decided that while we were watching The Departed tonight, I’d work on the sock. And I finished it. And in my best effort to avoid Second Sock Syndrome, I dug straight into my knitting bag to cast on for that dratted second sock.

And the ball of yarn wasn’t there. It must be in my Bagsmith bag in Pittsburgh. CURSES! I’m up here until late Tuesday night. Just means I need to find the darn thing ASAP when I get home so I can start the sock during the 1.5 hours I plan to wait for my car service appointment on Wednesday morning. GRRR!!!

Onward!


Today was a “Chamber of Commerce” day here at VBP. The shot above is of my kick-ass view while I was reading on the beach.


RT joined me on the beach this afternoon. We both enjoyed a little HP5. We’re boycotting any/all Harry Potter mentions until we finish reading 5 (I’m about halfway through), re-read 6 and get our paws on a copy of HP7. I have one reserved in Pittsburgh. We’ll see if it’s still there when I get back south.


About five years ago, my mom drafted a quilt pattern she wanted me to make for her. It’s her beach quilt and I presented it to her at my rehearsal dinner four years ago. I’m quite happy to see it in use, like today when mom joined me on the beach.

And I’ll leave you with a sunset shot. I’m sure the colors kept getting better and better as it got darker, but it was also getting pretty darn cold outside (well, I was wearing shorts. That probably had a pretty good amount to do with it). Enjoy!

3 comments:

Jen said...

What a beautiful quilt!

Oh, and leaving your sock yarn at home is so much better than realizing that you've left it elsewhere, like a public place, another state... ;)

mehitabel said...

Gorgeous beach photos! And how great to have your furniture in, your TV working, and starting to feel as if you're finally "home!" I got my HP7 and started reading it, but I'm going to take it slow and try to enjoy the read, instead of rushing through to find out what happens. Or maybe rush, and then re-read to catch all the nuances!

Sarah said...

I don't think you'll have any problems getting a copy of HP7. I went to Barnes & Noble Saturday morning (after the rush of the night before), and they had plenty of copies!