Monday, July 06, 2009

Long Weekend Wrap

Hubster and I didn’t have to work on Friday, but we did have a wedding to attend, so we spent the day readying the house to be empty for a week and headed out for the wedding of a friend around 4:30 pm.

The 5:30 pm ceremony was at St. Stanislaus Kostka in Pittsburgh’s Strip District.


SSglass.jpg
Pretty stained glass!

SSaltar.jpg
Nifty altar!

We then guided some out-of-town friends up Mt. Washington to the Le Mont for the reception

07_03view.jpg
Too bad it was overcast. Always a great view from Grandview Avenue!

We left the reception around 11 pm, just minutes after the first dance was completed. We got to the Lake around 2 am (no pictures of the trip or arrival. I drove, Hubster slept!)

Despite the extremely late arrival time, we hauled our sorry butts over to the Community Center for the morning’s holiday activities.

OTlimo.jpg
Someone brought a really old limo

IwoParade.jpg
One family made a “float” honoring Iwo Jima. I have no idea why the year is (drastically) wrong.

RPparade.jpg
Rackety Packety (a cottage across the street) was as creative as always!

FireTruck09.jpg
Kids rode on the fire truck

NewCar.jpg
And followed on their bikes. I’m showing this photo mostly because my new car is pictured on the right-hand side of the frame!

We even had a sunset on Saturday night!

07_04sunset.jpg


Sunday was another beach day, and I kept working on hand-sewing down the binding on a quilt that has otherwise been finished for almost two years

PicPlaid.jpg
Finally finished!

Today, I worked for a good chunk of the morning while watching the Tour de France, and sewed down the last yard or so of binding on the above quilt. And as a bonus, we had another decent sunset!

07_06sunset.jpg

That’s about it around the north branch of Chez DPUTiger. I have another queen sized quilt to finish with binding, then if I still have time up here, I brought plenty of knitting. Actual machine sewing will commence when I return to the ‘Burgh.

Hopefully, all of you had great weekends as well!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Nice car!

I'm so glad we're back in beach sunset season. I love those shots.

turtlegirl76 said...

What a cute little parade! Weird on the year though. Wonder why they chose that. Huh.

Have fun at the lake this week!

Knit Witch said...

Great pictures!

Jen said...

Looks like you had a great fourth. Enjoy your time at the lake!

Donna Lee said...

I love small town parades. We get the local high school marching band so there's some patriotic music to go along with the red,white and blue.

And what a beautiful place for a reception! Spectacular view. Philadelphia has quite a few old polish catholic churches. They are so beautiful.