Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bracing for the Storm

The remainder of this week in Pittsburgh is brought to you by the LETTER G and NUMBER 20. If that makes no sense to you … consider yourself very, very lucky.

Sorry it has been so quiet here at ye olde bloggity blog. I’ve been running around like a crazy person since returning form the Lake a week ago. But there has actually been knitting!

0923sock.jpg

I finished the first sister-in-law sock and am cruising along with Sock #2. I hope these will be off the needles by this time next week.

Meanwhile, I’m zipping along on my Mondo Cable Vest. When I’ve actually been home, I can crank out nearly a full ball of yarn (100 yards) in a single sitting.

0923mondo.jpg

I can also see the home stretch on this project, so hopefully you’ll be seeing brand new shiny WiPs this time next week. And with any luck? They might even be fabric instead of knitting!

Speaking of quilting, my favorite quilt store is having a three-day sale Wed-Thu-Fri this week to encourage people to leave their homes. If I can get from here to there tomorrow, I’m gonna try to go, but I have to make certain about road closures before I leave the house. Yeesh. Still, I’m quite glad I don’t need to go anywhere near downtown for the next three days.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Your vest is looking good. I think that I am far out enough that the G20 craziness should not apply, but I am still planning to not leave the house. :)

Jenn said...

On Friday, the Parkway West and any road that crosses it is going to be closed so Tom will have to come home by winding out through the countryside. Fun! And he's also heard rumors that their building could be protested. WHY, I have no idea.

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

I like the Mondo Cable!

And although I know about the Letter G and the Number 20, I didn't put two and two together before my previous comment...

Bezzie said...

Oh, I get it now. Ugh. What a PITA. The sock is nice though!

Zonda said...

Geesh, well try to have a good rest of the week! The vest is coming along great! Cool looking sock too!

Sarah said...

Love how the vest is knitting up!

I'm close enough to the craziness at work, but luckily with the events held nearby, I figure there's going to be a ton of security personnel around.